Friday, August 26, 2016

Full Circle

When I started this blog I made a challenge to myself; post for a year. The goal, of course, was to maintain as long as possible. But a year seemed like a reasonable minimum. A standard by which I could say I had succeeded. As August comes to a close, we come to the end of that year. I'd like to continue, but life marches on.

Over the year I've been doing this other things have developed. Both D&D and Numenera, the systems in which I am most prolific and proficient, have established avenues for people like me to publish work online and earn some return on our effort. More importantly, however, my "real" professional life (which I'm not quite ready to abandon to do this full time) has reached a point where I have to invest more of my free time in going back to school.

The result of that last is that I need to shift my focus. Unfortunately, one of the costs looks to be this blog. While I expect I'll be back from time to time with a particular idea or when I need to let off steam, I also anticipate the avenues provided by the Wizards of the Coast and Monte Cook Games will draw more of my efforts. But, there will always be a few things that don't really fit on those channels; small rewrites of rules in those systems not big enough to stand on their own, or other games like the World of Darkness, Warhammer 40k, and Continuum.

So... this isn't goodbye. Just I'll see you around.

Until things, again, come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment